Creamy Spinach stuffed Pasta Shells 🍃🐚🍅
These are unreal! I say it every time I make a new dish haha, but this is definitely my new favourite 🤤
👩🏼🍳Recipe (serves 3-4)…
250g dried large pasta shells
400g fresh baby spinach
150g dairy free cream cheese
1tbsp olive oil
1 medium white onion
2/3 garlic cloves
Splash of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
375g marinara sauce (I made my own but you can use a ready made one)
30g dairy free cheese
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
2. Par boil the pasta shells for 5 minutes and set to one side in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent the shells sticking together.
3. Wilt all of the spinach in a large pan and squeeze out any excess water using a sieve.
4. Dice the onion and garlic, then soften in a pan with the olive oil.
5. Roughly chop the wilted spinach and combine in a bowl with the softened onion and garlic and dairy free cream cheese.
6. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the marinara sauce to the bottom of an oven tray.
8. Fill the par boiled shells with the creamy spinach mixture and add to the baking tray.
9. Grate over the dairy free cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Once baked, I topped mine with toasted pine nuts, dairy free Parmesan and fresh basil 🍃