🍝🌱Lentil & Spinach Bolognese🌱🍝
Spaghetti with a lentil and spinach bolognese sauce, fresh parsley, nutritional yeast and a side of olives!! 😌 i lovvveee this protein packed dish
👩🏼🍳Lentil bolognese recipe (serves 2):
1tbsp of olive oil
1/2 a diced onion 🧅
1 diced medium carrot 🥕
1 diced stalk of celery
150g diced mushrooms 🍄
60ml red wine 🍷
2 diced garlic gloves 🧄
1 tin of chopped tomatoes 🥫
1 tbsp tomato purée 🍅
240ml vegetable stock
100g of dried lentils
90g of frozen spinach
Dried basil, oregano & rosemary
Salt and pepper 🧂
Fresh parsley 🍃
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions for a couple minutes.
2. Add the carrots, celery and mushrooms to the pan and season with the salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the red wine and simmer until most of the liquid has absorbed.
4. Add the garlic, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, vegetable stock, lentils, frozen spinach and dried herbs.
5. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes and then reduce to a simmer for 35-40 minutes until it has thickened.
6. Serve over cooked spaghetti and garnish with parsley 😇