Sticky Miso Aubergine & Black Pepper Tofu Stir Fry 🍆🥢
The recipe for the aubergine is from pulsesandplants page! It’s super easy but so tasty. I had mine with a ground black pepper tofu stir fry, rice and a side of stir fried pak choi
📖For the tofu stir fry (serves 2)…
•200g firm pressed tofu
•1 tsp of soy sauce
•2 tbsp cornflour
•1 tbsp vegetable oil
•1-2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
•3 garlic cloves
•1/2 white onion – sliced
•100g celery stalks – sliced
•100g green bell pepper – sliced
•60ml vegetable stock
•2 tbsp soy sauce
•1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
•1 tsp light brown sugar
•1 tsp corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cube the tofu and then drizzle with the soy sauce.
3. Once the soy is absorbed, sprinkle over the cornflour and toss the tofu until evenly coated.
4. Transfer to a lined baking tray and put in the oven for 25 minutes, turning half way.
1. While the tofu bakes, heat up the vegetable oil in a wok or large pan, then add the ground black pepper and diced garlic cloves.
2. Once fragrant, add in the onion, celery and green pepper.
3. While they soften on a medium heat, make the sauce by whisking together the vegetable stock, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and corn starch.
4. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and allow to reduce for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked tofu to the stir fry and serve 😚