🥕🍜Tofu Noodle Soup🍜🥕
This soup is packed full of flavour and is my go-to recipe on a colder day 🥣. I love to make this when I fancy something lighter, but still satisfying, for lunch or dinner 😊
👩🏼🍳Recipe: (makes 3 bowls)
1 tbsp of olive oil
175g of cubed tofu (I use tofooco)
1 tbsp of soy sauce (I use reduced salt)
2 diced garlic cloves 🧄
1 medium carrot, chopped🥕
1 celery stick, chopped
25g of kale 🥬
5 sliced mushrooms 🍄
1 tsp of ground ginger
750ml of vegetable broth/stock
25g of frozen peas
85g of uncooked pasta 🍝
Salt & pepper 🧂
2 chopped spring onions 🧅
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and set to one side.
2. Coat the cubed tofu in the soy sauce and then fry it off in the olive oil on a medium heat.
3. Once the tofu is browned; add the garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms, kale and ground ginger to the pot. Cook this off for around 5 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable broth and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the frozen peas and allow to simmer for a final 10 minutes.
6. Taste the soup and season to your preference with salt & pepper.
7. Divide the previously cooked pasta into 3 bowls and top with ladles of the hot soup.
8. Top with the spring onions and enjoy with some warm bread 🍞 😻