Veggie Loaded Paella with Vegan Chorizo 🥘🇪🇸
The Spanish style whirls from waitrose go perfectly with this quick & easy veggie paella 🍋
📖Recipe (serves 2)…
•500ml vegetable stock
•1/2 tsp saffron threads
•1.5 tbsp olive oil
•1/2 white onion – chopped
•1 red bell pepper – chopped
•6 cherry tomatoes – diced
•80g mushrooms – chopped
•3 garlic cloves – diced
•1 tbsp capers
•100g green beans – chopped
•1 tsp paprika
•1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
•150g uncooked Bomba rice
•Salt & Pepper
•80g frozen peas
•40g pitted olives
•2 waitrose Spanish style whirls or any other vegan chorizo substitute
•Fresh parsley – chopped
1. Crumble the saffron threads into the hot vegetable stock and leave to sit.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (or paella pan if you do have one), and add the onion and peppers.
3. Once softened, add the tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, capers, green beans, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper, and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the bomba rice and allow to toast for a couple minutes, then add the saffron vegetable stock and bring to a simmer for a couple minutes.
5. Continue to cook on a low simmer for 20-25 minutes, then mix in the peas and olives.
6. Fry the vegan chorizo and serve on the side of the paella, with fresh parsley and lemon slices.